Repeat prescription service
Ensuring your pet receives the best medication and the right dosage for their needs is our priority.
We have veterinary pharmacies on-site at our Wincanton, Gillingham, and Milborne Port practices. These supply a wide range of medicines, diets, and nutritional supplements to help your pet stay in optimal health.
For long-term medications, our team will work with you to obtain the required drugs in the most economical way, whether that means purchasing them from us or obtaining a written prescription and buying them online. This service is for registered clients only.
Ordering repeat prescriptions
We typically require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to process your request – if the medication is more urgent please call us with your order.
Medication ordered on a Friday should arrive on a Monday. This service is for clients of Southill Vets.
Please note that all prescription requests are reviewed by a Vet and your pet may need to be seen before we can dispense their medication.
At Southill Vets, we make sure that we see and monitor pets every 3 – 6 months, depending on the medication and your pet’s condition, to check whether the drug and dosage are still suitable for them. Seeing your pet regularly enables our Vets to make necessary changes without additional delay.
We will contact you to book a medication check if appropriate when we receive your prescription request.
- Animals on long-term prescription medications must remain under our care by law – you and your pet must be registered with us.
- Your pet must have been examined by us within the last 6 months.
- More frequent consultations or blood tests may be required for some medications.
- Written prescriptions are available for a fee – we have no control over third-party suppliers and cannot take responsibility for any medications or other products they may supply to you.
- Anyone collecting prescription medication from our vet practices must be over 18 years of age.